Hard reset and soft reset, two methods to perform factory reset that anyone can do with their Alcatel Pixi Unite (A466BG) and have the phone set up like the original settings with no problem on it.
Do you know that there are two methods of performing factory reset on TracFone Alcatel Pixi Unite? Those methods are soft reset and hard reset.
Why bother with two methods if both can bring the same result? Because there is always a possibility that one method is not working, in this case soft reset method.
Why the soft reset method may not work? Because it required the phone to stay on and not freeze so you can go to the Settings menu.
But if the phone acting out and you can’t reach the Settings menu, you have other option and that is hard reset.
Soft Reset Alcatel Pixi Unite A466BG
Now, let’s begin with soft reset. The process is simple, just follow this guide:
- Open “Settings” menu.
- From Settings menu, find “Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset”
- After that, choose “Reset Phone > Erase Everything”
- The phone will start to reset to its original settings. Wait until the process is complete before switch on the phone.
Hard Reset Alcatel Pixi Unite A466BG
As for hard reset method, you can do this only after you turn OFF the phone. After that, please follow this guide:
- Hold and press long the “Power and Volume Up” button. It will jumpstart the phone and force it to reboot into Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, use “Volume button” to move around. The touch screen is not working in this mode so don’t bother with it.
- Find the “Wipe data / Factory Reset” option and make sure to highlighted it.
- Press “Power button” to start the process.
- If it want to confirm the action, then please confirm it and wait until it’s done.
- After that, choose the “Reboot System Now” option to bring the phone back to its standard mode.
When the phone has rebooted to standard mode, you will notice that the whole change has took place and you can do whatever you wish to do with it.