The complete, easy-to-read Wi-Fi and Bluetooth guide on LG Classic Flip. Learn about connecting, pairing, using, and also some troubleshooting.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are two network features you can utilize on the LG Classic Flip. Users can use Wi-fi as an alternative to mobile data. Often, using Wi-Fi is more cost-saving.
On the other hand, Bluetooth allows you to connect the phone with other devices. You can transfer data wirelessly between two devices. You can also pair a Bluetooth accessory.
Using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on LG Classic Flip requires a bit of learning. It is, in essence, similar to smartphones. However, there is a bit of a difference here and there.
This article will show you common Wi-Fi and Bluetooth configurations on this phone. Read about the basics of connecting. Additionally, also learn other settings such as sending files and troubleshooting.
How to connect to Wi-Fi on LG Classic Flip
Unlike in smartphones, you can’t turn on Wi-Fi here with just one tap. You need to go deep into “Settings” and turn the feature on manually. But don’t worry, it may take some time, but it doesn’t mean that it’s complicated.
Here’s how you can turn on Wi-Fi on LG Classic Flip:
- Press the CENTER key. You’re going to start from the main screen.
- Go to “Settings.” Use the navigation key to find the icon, and press the CENTER key to open.
- Open “Wireless & network.” This option will be automatically highlighted. You can press the CENTER key immediately.
- Go to “Wi-Fi.” Highlight this option then press the CENTER key.
- Select “Turn on.” Press the key below this option. You may skip this step if the Wi-Fi is already turned on.
- Select the desired network. Pick among the list of networks available. You may get asked to enter a password. Press the CENTER key to connect.
- Return to the main screen. Press the PWR/END key to finish this configuration.
How to pair Bluetooth devices on LG Classic Flip
Even on smartphones, pairing two Bluetooth devices can be tricky. It applies to LG Classic Flip as well. Follow carefully the steps below to start the pairing process. Before, make sure the device you want to pair is located within 30 feet from your phone.
- Start from the main screen. Press the CENTER key to open the app screen.
- Go to “Settings.” Press the CENTER key on the icon. To highlight it, use the navigation keys.
- Open “Wireless & Network.” Since this option is located on the topmost of the display, you can press the CENTER key directly.
- Go to “Bluetooth.” Scroll to this menu (use the navigation key), then press the CENTER key.
- Turn on Bluetooth. If Bluetooth is not enabled yet, press the key under “Turn on.”
- Search available devices. Usually, the phone will automatically display a list of available Bluetooth devices. But if you don’t see any list, press the key below “Options.” Then press the CENTER key on “Search.”
- Select the device you want to pair. Select the device you’d like to pair with your phone. Press the CENTER key on it. You may need to enter a PIN. Look for the password on your device’s manual (often, the PIN is 0000).
- Finally pair the device. Press the key under the option “Pair.” Congratulations, you have paired the Bluetooth device to your phone.
- LG Classic Flip: How to change ringtones and wallpaper
- LG Classic Flip: Memory / Storage Guide
- LG Classic Flip: How to Take Photos and Videos
How to send pictures and videos via Bluetooth on LG Classic Flip
One of the Bluetooth functions is to send data. It can be a video or a photo. Often, this method of data transfer is faster and cheaper than using a USB cable or through MMS.
Here’s how to send pictures and videos via bluetooth on LG Classic Flip:
- Start from the main screen. Press the CENTER key to open the app list.
- Open “Gallery.” Highlight the icon using the navigation keys, then press the CENTER key.
- Select the desired file. Press the CENTER key on the file you want to send.
- Again, press the Center key. This is how you open the sharing option on this phone.
- Select “Bluetooth.” Select this option and the phone will immediately search for nearby devices. You can press the key below “Options” and press the CENTER key on “Search” if the phone doesn’t display anything.
- Select the desired Bluetooth device. Once you find the device, press the CENTER key again. Follow the instructions, like confirming “accept” or “decline”, then wait until the file is sent.
- Return to the main screen. Press the PWR/END key to close the “Gallery.”
How to fix LG Classic Flip Bluetooth problems
Like any other feature, it’s possible that you encounter a problem with Bluetooth. Issues like it refuse to work or don’t recognize a device are among what users reported. Here’s how you can fix it.
1. Make sure the other Bluetooth device is turned on.
Often, an issue with Bluetooth is caused by a simple mistake like this. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled in the device you’d like to pair with. If it is also a phone, make sure the device is discoverable.
2. Forget the device and pair it again
You can fix a Bluetooth issue by restarting the connection between two devices. The method used is by forgetting the device, then pairing them again.
Here’s how to forget a device:
- Press the CENTER key from the main screen. Then select “Settings” by pressing the CENTER key on the icon.
- Select “Wireless & networks.” Press the CENTER key here.
- Go to “Bluetooth.” Highlight this menu and press the CENTER key again.
- Select the key below “Options.” Then press the CENTER key on option “Paired device settings”.
- Select “Unpair.” And press the CENTER key.
- Pair the device again. Go through the steps in the previous tutorial about pairing a Bluetooth device.
Congratulations! At this point, we believe you must have mastered this Wi-Fi and Bluetooth guide. Make sure to follow each step so nothing is missed.
Bookmark this article therefore you can easily find this guide when you need them again. For more phone configurations, you can take a look at the LG Classic Flip User Manual.