How to check Tracfone minute balance in several ways. You can check via text, call, your user account on Tracfone website, and Tracfone My Account app on Android and iPhone.
TracFone is the largest budget prepaid provider in the US. They provide an alternative to escape from the hefty fee major carriers apply to their customers. You can pick whichever plan that works for you, no monthly subscription is required.
Their motto is, pay what you use, which is great especially for people who want more control with their phone.
Checking your balance regularly is one of the way to get that control. Track your phone usage, know what you get with the money spent, and pay attention when the service period will end so you can renew if you want.
There are plenty of ways to check TracFone balance. You can check through website or TracFone app. Depending on the device you use, you can also check via texts or by dialing a certain number.
- How to Check TracFone Balance on a Feature Phone
- How to Check TracFone Balance Online
- How to Check TracFone Balance on Android Phone
- How to Check TracFone Balance on iPhone
- How to Check TracFone Service End Date
- How to Display TracFone Balance on Phone Screen
- Using TracFone Auto-Refill
- Tracfone Airtime FAQs
- How to buy TracFone Airtime card?
- What happen to my TracFone unused minutes once I go past my Service End Date?
- What is the limit for extending my TracFone Service End Date?
- Is there a way to automatically extend my TracFone Service End Date?
- Do I have to wait until near the Service End Date to renew my TracFone plan?
- Is there an unlimited plan for TracFone?
How to Check TracFone Balance on a Feature Phone
If you’re already a TracFone user, you need to check your balance so you can keep track of your usage.
Before moving further, let’s see what is a TracFone balance is. It’s different between a feature phone and a smartphone.
On a feature phone, the balance is called airtime, in which you get certain minutes you can use for calls, texts, and internet. On smartphone, it’s separated between those three.
When you check your balance on a feature phone, the information will be displayed in two places: On your home screen, so you can check your airtime with only a glance. The second way is to access the Prepaid menu on your phone.
Meanwhile, on a smartphone, unfortunately, things aren’t as straightforward as that. But don’t worry, with easy steps, checking TracFone balance on a smartphone is only a breeze. Stay tuned and we’ll walk you through each step.
- TracFone Data Tips: How to Make Your Data Balance Last Longer
- Minutes Saving Tips: How to Get The Most of Your Mobile Carrier
How to Check TracFone Balance Online
Whether you use a feature phone or smartphone, there are plenty of ways to check your TracFone balance.
You can do it online, by dialing a specific number and checking with text. Certain methods don’t even require you to have your phone at hand.
As long as you’re online, you’re good to go. Here’s the break down of each method:
Using TracFone website
The most straightforward way to check TracFone balance online is through their website. There are two ways it can be done, with your login credentials, or using your phone number.
Using your phone number:
- Go to https://www.tracfone.com/balanceinquiry.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your phone number.
- The right column beside the phone number is a four-digit code. To get this code, text four to 611611 from your phone. If you don’t have your phone you can use 4 last digits of your sim card.
- If succeed, you’ll be redirected to your account page. You can check your balance under “Get Data Balance” option.
Using your login credentials:
- Go to https://www.tracfone.com/balanceinquiry.
- Enter your username and password. If you don’t have an account, there will be an option to set up a new account.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, you’ll arrive at your account page.
- Go to “My devices”. Select the phone whose balance you want to check, and click “Get Data Balance.”
Apart from those two ways of logging in, TracFone also provides a way to login using your Facebook account. If you have an account there, it can be convenient than creating an account from scratch.
Checking balance by dialing *777*1#
For some GSM devices, you can check your balance by dialing *777*1#. What you need to do is dialing *777*1#, wait for a few seconds until a pop-up appears, informing you about the current status of your plan. How many texts, calls, and data you have left.
Since not every device is supported, there’s not a guarantee it will work with your phone. But it’s worth a try anyway since this is probably the most hassle-free method of checking balance.
Checking balance via texts
Another way to check your balance is by sending a text message to 611611. Type BALANCE and send it to that number.
In a few seconds, you’ll get a reply containing information about your quota (texts, calls, and data). You’ll also get informed about the remaining of your service days.
Ask assistance from their customer service
If you are still confused and need help checking your balance, you can contact TracFone customer service for assistance.
To do this, hit the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of TracFone website. An online chat form will appear shortly, asking your name, email, and phone number.
After entering the required information, wait for a while until a representative reach back out. Then you can ask his/her assistance about checking your balance.
Another way to contact TracFone customer service is by phone. Call 1-800-867-7183 and a TracFone rep will guide you step-by-step on checking the phone balance.
For some people, this way is more convenient since you can ask anything directly if there’s something difficult to understand.
How to Check TracFone Balance on Android Phone
Android phones such as LG, Samsung, Alcatel, and ZTE devices can use TracFone app to check balance.
Go to Google Play Store and search for “TracFone My Account“. Click install and wait until the app is downloaded and installed. Afterward, you can open it and check your balance.
With TracFone My Account app, you can check the number of minutes, texts, and data you have left. It is displayed on the dashboard of the app. TracFone also lets you do several other things through this app.
Aside from checking your balance summary, you can add airtime to an existing plan. You can also buy brand new airtime here.
There’s an auto-refill button that can be turned on, should you choose to use this feature. If you have a global card, your balance for international callings is also shown here.
TracFone My Account app comes with more features such as adding a device. It means you can manage more than one device in just one app. Customers can also send airtime to a friend. Lastly, you can also contact support through this app and see your transaction history.
How to Check TracFone Balance on iPhone
What about iPhone users? An app for your TracFone account management is also available on iPhone. You can download the app from iOS App Store under the name “TracFone My Account.”
Similar to its Android version, TracFone’s iPhone app also shows your balance summary on its dashboard.
The features are pretty much the same: add airtime (add-ons), buy airtime, and subscribe to auto-refill. The global card balance is displayed below the regular balance summary.
Slide the menu button on the top left and you will find additional features such as activating your device if you are a new customer, adding a device, and buying airtime for a friend.
How to Check TracFone Service End Date
Because TracFone is a prepaid carrier, their plan comes with an end date. When you buy an airtime plan, you are given a certain time period for you to use their service.
The shortest period is 30 days, while the longest is a year or 365 days. Once the service days are over, your number will be deactivated and you can’t use all your remaining balance if any.
For this reason, you may want to check your Service End Date regularly. It’s useful to plan whether you will use up all your balances in this period or not.
It’s also useful if you plan to continue using the same plan for the next period. TracFone offers a carryover feature. It means your previous balance will be added to the next plan as long as you keep renewing your plan.
To check TracFone Service end date, it’s similar to how you check balance. These are the ways to do it:
- If you use the Android app or iPhone app, Service End Date is displayed above “Balance Summary”, at its top-right corner, above the auto-refill enrollment.
- When you check your balance with text or dialing *777*1#, the reply you get also contains information about Service End Date. So it’s just not your balance. Make sure you read carefully.
- If you access your TracFone account via browser, your Service End Date is displayed in “My Devices” page, beside the list of your active phones.
How to Display TracFone Balance on Phone Screen
TracFone app, both the iPhone and Android version, comes with a widget. You can customize a widget for this app and easily glance your balance summary on home screen.
There are some differences between the Android and iOS versions. The Android version comes with two buttons apart from the balance summary itself.
Click “Update” if you want to refresh the information. Next to the refresh button, there’s a quick button to add airtime. Yes, you can add airtime directly from your phone’s home screen.
However, the iOS version only displays your balance information and service end date. If you want to add airtime, you still have to open the main app itself.
Here’s to configure TracFone widget on Android phones:
- Download and install TracFone My Account app from Google Play Store. Skip this step if you have the app installed already.
- Go to your phone’s home screen. Tap and hold the empty area until Widgets icon appears. Make sure you have enough empty space on your home screen for the widget later.
- Tap the Widgets icon.
- Search for My Account among the widgets list.
- Once you find it, hold and drag to the home screen. Adjust its location whichever you like.
- Now you have your balance displayed on the home screen.
For iPhone users, here are the steps:
- Download the TracFone My Account app from App Store, skip if you have done it before.
- Go to your Home Screen, then swipe right to the widget screen.
- Tap the “Edit” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Search for TracFone widget.
- To add it, tap the (+) icon beside the widget.
- Hold and drag if you want the widget to be on top of other widgets.
- Tap Done when you finished. Now you can see your balance on the screen.
Using TracFone Auto-Refill
If you don’t want to be constantly worried about being out of service, you can take advantage of auto-refill.
Auto-refill lets you have an uninterrupted TracFone plans. Once your current plan is over, it will be automatically renewed.
You don’t need to constantly check when the service days going to end. You won’t have the pressure to use up all your balance or else you’ll lose them once it’s past the service period.
All you need to do is prepare your credit card. To enroll, customers can activate auto-refill from the smartphone app, as mentioned earlier.
Another method is by accessing their TracFone account on TracFone website via browser.
To summarize, checking TracFone balance is easy. TracFone provides several ways to get your balance information.
As easy as dialing a number to something that takes a bit more steps such as using TracFone App.
Overall, it’s not complicated to get your plan summary. Even if you’re still confused, you can always ask assistance from their customer service.
Tracfone Airtime FAQs
How to buy TracFone Airtime card?
You can buy TracFone airtime cards from retailers and from TracFone website. For returning customers, if you have TracFone app installed, you can buy one from your app too.
What happen to my TracFone unused minutes once I go past my Service End Date?
You have 60 days to buy new airtime and your remaining minutes will be carried over to the new plan.
What is the limit for extending my TracFone Service End Date?
There’s no limit. You can extend your Service End Date for as long as you want and benefit from TracFone Carry Over, where the minutes from previous service days will be added to the new one.
Is there a way to automatically extend my TracFone Service End Date?
Yes. You can use TracFone auto-refill feature. Sign up for one through their website. You also can enroll via the app by activating the Auto Refill option.
Do I have to wait until near the Service End Date to renew my TracFone plan?
No. You can add airtime whenever you want. The new service days will be added on top of the existing one.
Is there an unlimited plan for TracFone?
Yes. It’s their new products introduced in July 2019. You can choose between three unlimited plans. The $20 plan which get you unlimited texts and calls plus 1 GB of data. The $25 and $35 gives you 2GB and 3GB, respectively, on top of unlimited calls and messages.