Alcatel MyFlip camera and camcoder guide explains all you need to know about the phone’s camera and camcorder features. There’s also a guide about the Gallery app.
The great thing about a phone these days that it can act as a camera and a camcorder, aside from just being a communication device.
This feature ensures you to never miss capturing the important moments of your life. Alcatel MyFlip comes with a 2 MP camera. It’s not a lot but it’s decent enough to take pictures of your children when they do something funny.
Alcatel MyFlip will bring you back to the old days of feature phones. If you are used to smartphones, using Alcatel’s camera can be a new experience. Not to worry, here we provide you Alcatel MyFlip camera and camcorder Gguide.
How do I take photos on Alcatel MyFlip?
Taking picture with Alcatel MyFlip is easy. The camera is located at the bottom of the top part, just below the subscreen. There are two ways to access the camera app. First, by accessing the icon screen and finding the Camera icon.
The second and easier way to access the camera is using the camera key located on the right side of the phone. This key directly opens the camera app.
For more detailed instructions, here’s the step-by-step guide on how to take photos on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Open the camera app. You can either use the camera key located on the right side of the phone, or from the main screen, press OK then find the camera icon. Press OK again.
- Position the camera. Prepare to take the picture. Make sure the object you want to capture is located within the camera frame.
- Capture the photo. Once you’re sure, press the OK key to finally capture the picture.
- Preview the picture. To preview your picture, press the key below “Preview” to check on your result.
- Go back to the main screen. Congrats, you’ve learned how to take a picture on Alcatel MyFlip. You can go back to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key.
Camera options on Alcatel MyFlip
Alcatel MyFlip also comes with additional features. These features is meant to assist your picture-taking process. Take advantage of them so you can take a better picture.
Here are the camera options on Alcatel MyFlip:
Zoom in/out viewfinder
Since the camera screen is small, you can take advantage of this zooming feature when taking a picture. With zooming, you can see the object you want to capture more closely. To zoom in or on Alcatel MyFlip, use the navigation keys UP and DOWN.
This feature is especially handy if you have shaky hands. Selftimer makes the camera capture a picture several seconds after you hit the OK button.
This is how to activate selftimer on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Press the key below the word “Options”. Press the right soft key under “Options”. You will see several menus.
- Go to “Self-Timer” tab. “Self-Timer” is the first tab, so you don’t need to search again as it’s automatically highlighted.
- Pick the delay. “Off” is the default option. You can pick from 3 seconds to 10 seconds delay. Navigate between the options using the UP and DOWN navigation key.
- Press OK when finished. After pressing OK, you’ll go back to the camera screen again. You can continue taking pictures afterward.
Grid helps you take an aligned picture with your phone. Grid serves as a visual guide when you position your camera.
Here’s how to activate grid on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Press the key below “Options”. Press the key under the word “Options” to open the options tab.
- Go to the “Grid” tab. Using the RIGHT navigation key, move to “Grid” tab.
- Select “On”. “Off” is automatically selected. Select “On” to activate it.
- Press the OK key. The OK key will bring you back to the camera viewfinder.
You can access Gallery from within the camera app. To do this, go to the “Options” tab by pressing the key below the word “Options”. And then, switch to the Gallery tab, located next to the Grid tab.
Camera mode switch
Camera mode switch lets users toggle between the camera and camcorder. Use the RIGHT SOFT KEY under the word “Options”, then use the RIGHT navigation key to the switch tab. Finally, press the OK key.
However, there’s an easier way to do this. You can use the RIGHT navigation key from the camera viewfinder directly to switch to the camcorder.
How do I take video on Alcatel MyFlip?
Aside from taking pictures, you can also take videos with Alcatel MyFlip’s camera. Before recording a video, make sure you have a lot of space in your phone’s storage. Videos need more storage space than pictures.
Anyway, here’s how to take video on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Open the camera. Press the camera key on the right side of the phone.
- Switch to “Camcorder” mode. Since Camera is the default, you need to press the RIGHT navigation key to switch from camera to camcorder.
- Start recording. Press the OK key to record. You can zoom using the UP and DOWN navigation key or move your phone around to capture moments. The time indicator on the bottom of the screen indicates the duration of your video so far.
- End recording. To finish shooting the video, press the OK key again.
- Preview your video. You can preview the video you just shot by pressing the key below “Preview”.
Camcorder options on Alcatel MyFlip
Just like the camera, the camcorder also comes with options, although it’s not as many as the camera options. You can adjust these before or when shooting a video.
Here’s a breakdown on camcorder options on Alcatel MyFlip:
Zoom in/out Viewfinder
Shoot an object closer by using the zooming feature. You can both zoom in and zoom out your video using the UP and DOWN navigation keys.
This option lets you switch to camera from camcorder. To switch, use the RIGHT SOFT KEY under the word “Options” and go to the switch tab. Press OK and that’s how you change to the camera mode.
How do I open Gallery on Alcatel MyFlip?
At this point, congratulation! Now you know how to take a picture and a video on Alcatel MyFlip. You’ve learned about previewing the result with the camera app.
However, that’s not the only way to check your pictures. Aside from previewing, you can check on your picture by opening the Gallery app directly.
Gallery does not only store pictures from the camera. It also saves picture taken by screenshotting, MMS, and pictures/videos downloaded from the internet.
In Gallery, Pictures are sorted by the time they are taken. It means newer pictures are located on top of the list.
Here’s how to open Gallery on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Go from the main screen. Press the OK key from the main screen. Pressing will bring you to the icon list.
- Open the Gallery app. Find the “Gallery” and highlight it. Press OK to enter the “Gallery” app.
- Browse through the files. You can use the navigation keys to browse the pictures and videos on the Gallery.
- Viewing in full size. To select a file (image or video), highlight it and press OK.
- Go back to the main screen. Once you’re done, you can return to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key twice.
So, those are all you need to know about Alcatel MyFlip camera and camcorder guide. It doesn’t take a professional to use the camera functionalities on Alcatel MyFlip. You can do it too. Because the menu is simple and it’s easy to navigate the camera interface.
Now, it’s time to practice. Take some nice pictures with your phone and if you’re still facing a problem, shoot us a question below in the comment so that we can help you.
You can also share this article on social media and lastly, have fun with your phone’s camera!