The guide you need if you’d like to protect your phone. Read this LG Classic Flip security guide to know how to set a screen lock and SIM card PIN.
These days, it is increasingly important to secure your phone. Data is a valuable thing. In a feature phone like LG Classic Flip, the same rule applies.
Fortunately, you can add layers of security with your LG Classic Flip. Here you have two options. The first is setting a Screen Lock PIN and the second one is setting a PIN to your SIM card.
The double protection is enough for a phone like this. Screen Lock prevents strangers from snooping in, while SIM PIN protects your data just in case the phone is stolen. But to be able to use it, you must configure them first.
In this article, we provide the necessary tutorials. Each one explains how to set up the security features on the LG Classic Flip. It’s a bit of a thorough process, so it’s advisable to pay attention to every step.
How to set up Screen Lock on LG Classic Flip
Follow the step-by-step instructions below on how to set up Screen Lock on LG Classic Flip:
- Press the CENTER key on the main screen. This is where you start at first. Press the key to reveal the icons list.
- Go to “Settings.” Find the icon and press the CENTER key.
- Go to “Phone settings.” Select this menu and press the CENTER key again. Then press the CENTER key on “Security.”
- Select “Screen lock.” This option will be automatically highlighted. Press the CENTER key, select “On.” Then press the center key again.
- Enter the security passcode. Use your keypad to enter a 4-digit number as your Screen Lock PIN. It’s best if it’s something that’s easy for you to remember. Then press the CENTER key.
- Enter the passcode again. This is for confirmation. Don’t forget to press the CENTER key again.
- Close “Settings.” You can return to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up a PIN on your Lock Screen. Now, whenever you unlock your phone, you will be required to enter the PIN code. That is why choosing a passcode that’s easy to remember is important. You don’t want to get unlocked from your own phone.
- How to use SOS Mode on LG Classic Flip
- LG Classic Flip: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Guide
- LG Classic Flip: How to change ringtones and wallpaper
How to set up SIM Card PIN on LG Classic Flip
Here’s how to set a SIM Card PIN on LG Classic Flip:
- Press the CENTER key. Start from the main screen.
- Open “Settings.” Use the navigation keys to select the icon labeled “Settings,” then press the CENTER key on it.
- Go to “Phone settings.” Press the CENTER key again here.
- Go to “Security.” Highlight this option and press the CENTER key.
- Go to “SIM card lock.” Press the CENTER key.
- Enter the default PIN. Using the dial pad, enter the default PIN. It’s either 1111 or 1234. Press the CENTER key to proceed to the next step.
- Change your PIN. Press the key below option “Change.”
- Enter the current PIN. The phone will ask you to enter the old PIN, which if you have never changed it before, it could be 1111 or 1234.
- Enter the new PIN. Enter a 4-digit number as your new PIN. Use the dial pad for this.
- Enter the PIN again for confirmation. Enter the new number again to confirm.
Now you have successfully set a PIN for your SIM card. To finish the process, you can go back to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key.
Congratulations! Now you can be sure that your phone is more secure than ever before. The two-layer protection ensures your data never falls into the wrong hands.
Make sure to remember the PINs. Just in case you might forget your PIN numbers. You can write them on paper and store it somewhere secure.
To know more about LG Classic Flip as a whole, also read our review on the phone here.