A complete LG Rebel 4 Tutorial on how to Safe Mode, Recovery Mode, do Factory Reset and clearing temporary files using wipe cache partition.
To be able to access safe mode and recovery mode is the key to fixing a smartphone by yourself.
Safe mode is the boot mode where your phone runs on its minimal setting without any third-party apps.
On the other hand, recovery mode is the gate to recovery apps for any phone issues.
Both procedures are available on your LG Rebel 4. Aside from recovery mode and safe mode, this article also covers wipe cache partition and factory reset.
LG Rebel 4 comes with Android 8 Oreo. Therefore we also provide tutorials on how to access the troubleshooting procedures using the Settings app on Android 8 Oreo.
How do I boot my LG Rebel 4 into Safe Mode?
This list provides the steps on how to boot LG Rebel 4 into Safe Mode:
- Press and hold the Power button. The Power button on LG Rebel 4 is located on the back. Hold until the “Power Off” options appear.
- Touch and hold “Power Off.” Tap and hold this option until the Safe Mode prompt window appears.
- Tap “TURN ON SAFE MODE.” Then wait until the phone restarts in Safe Mode.
- Use Safe Mode. Now you can review your device under Safe Mode.
As an alternative method, here’s another list on how to boot LG Rebel 4 into Safe Mode:
- Make sure the phone is turned off. It is required for the phone to shut down before accessing Safe Mode via hardware keys.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button. This combination will open System recovery options.
- Tap “Safe mode.” Scroll through the option using the Volume keys. To select, use the Power key.
- Use Safe Mode. Wait until the phone restarts on Safe Mode. You will see “Safe Mode” label on the bottom left of the screen. That’s how you know that you’re in Safe Mode.
There are two ways to access safe mode on LG Rebel 4. First, using the menu inside the Android software. You can use this method if your phone can be powered on.
But if your phone freezes or is unresponsive, you can access safe mode using the second method” through pressing the Volume Down key and the Power button.
Read also: LG Rebel 4 Tutorial for Beginners (Part 1)
How do I boot my LG Rebel 4 into Recovery Mode?
The steps below describe how to boot LG Rebel 4 into Recovery Mode:
- Turn off the phone. Recovery mode can only be accessed when the phone is shut down.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down key. Press these two keys together. LG Rebel 4’s Power key is located on the back cover.
- Release the Power button. When the LG logo appears n the screen. Remain pressing the Volume Down key.
- Wait until the option appears. When the recovery screen appears, you can navigate using the Volume Up and Volume Down keys. To select, use the Power key.
As explained earlier, Recovery Mode holds important settings that could help you solve issues on your device. After successfully entering Recovery Mode, you can do further settings such as factory reset and wipe cache partition.
It’s important to know what you’re doing here because a little mistake could make users lose their data. When in doubt, do a backup beforehand.
Read also: LG Rebel 4 Tutorial for Beginners (Part 2)
How do I factory reset my LG Rebel 4?
Through the Settings app, the list below explains how to factory reset LG Rebel 4:
- Swipe left to open the app list. From the home screen, this is what you do to open the app list on Android 8.
- Find the Settings app. Locate the “Settings” icon and tap to open it.
- Select the General tab. Then scroll to find option “Reset.” Tap on it.
- Check the boxes. There will be two options, “Back up my data” and “Automatic restore.” You can select both or only one of them.
- Tap “Backup account.” This starts the process of creating a Google backup account. Follow the prompt.
- Tap “Factory data reset.” When the previous process is finished, hit this button to start resetting your phone.
- Tap “Erase SD card” checkbox. This step is optional. It’s up to you whether or not you want to erase your SD card. If you do, mark the checkbox. Otherwise, leave it alone.
- Tap RESET PHONE. Then tap “Delete all” then RESET. Wait until the process is finished.
From Recovery Mode, here’s how to factory reset LG Rebel 4:
- Turn off the phone. After doing the manual backup on your files, you can turn off the phone to begin the factory reset process.
- Enter Recovery Mode. Boot into recovery mode using the method in the previous section (pressing the Power key and the Volume Down key).
- Highlight “Yes” on “Factory data reset.” When “Factory data reset” pops up on the screen, use the Volume Down key to highlight option “Yes.”
- Confirm selection. Press the Power/Lock key to select “Yes.”
- Answer the prompt. “Erase all user data and restore default settings” will appear on the screen. Using the Volume Down key, highlight “Yes.”
- Finally, start the reset. Finally, select “Yes” by pressing the Power key. Wait until factory reset is finished.
As you can see, there are two ways you can access factory reset function on LG Rebel 4. The first being the option on the Settings app. This method offers a Backup option too, therefore you don’t need to do back up separately.
Meanwhile, factory reset through recovery mode is the method you choose when the phone can’t be turned on or is unresponsive. This method requires a separate backup process. So don’t forget to do this before proceeding.
Read also: TracFone LG Rebel 4 User Manual
How do I wipe cache partition on my LG Rebel 4?
Using the option on the Settings app, this tutorials shows how to wipe cache partition on LG Rebel 4:
- Open the app drawer. From Home screen, swipe left to reveal the apps on your device.
- Open the Settings app. Locate “Settings” then tap to open.
- Select the “General” tab. Or you can scroll and go to Extensions > Smart cleaning > Optimized.
- Wait until the deletion is complete. It can take some times depending on the size of the app.
- Check the storage screen. It will refresh and you won’t see “Optimized” again. It means the cache has been successfully emptied.
Meanwhile, using Recovery Mode, this is how to wipe cache partition on LG Rebel 4:
- Turn off the phone. Make sure the device is turned off.
- Enter Recovery Mode. As explained earlier, you can do it by pressing the Volume Down key and the Power key.
- Highlight “Wipe cache.” Highlight this option using the Volume Down key.
- Select “Wipe cache.” Once highlighted, press the Power key.
- Wait until the process is finished. When it has finished, you can restart the phone.
Wipe cache partition is a procedure to erase cache partition that stores temporary system files. These files sometimes can cause issues on your device, therefore they need to be removed.
Just like factory reset, you can either do wipe cache partition through the Settings app or Recovery Mode. As for doing back up, unlike factory reset, you don’t need to do it since it won’t delete user files.
We’ve reached the end of the tutorial. Now you have learned the few things you can do to troubleshoot your phone, from Safe Mode to Factory Reset. Now perform these procedures with ease, knowing you have all the information at hand.
If you’d like to follow up with questions and comments, write us down below. we always appreciate your feedback. Even better, also go share this article with your friends on social media.