LG Rebel 4 tutorial part 2 covers more device configurations, including how to update the OS, install and uninstall an app, and set a screen lock.
In this second part of LG Rebel 4 tutorial, let’s move from basic configurations to the more difficult ones.
But don’t worry, even the most difficult configuration on Rebel 4 is manageable as long as you carefully follow the steps on these tutorials below.
Included in the tutorial here are security settings such as Lock Screen, voicemail, and how to update the OS. By the end of this article, you will no longer just a basic user, you will become a more experienced one.
How do I access voicemail on LG Rebel 4?
Here’s what you can do on how to access voicemail on LG Rebel 4:
- Open the “Phone” app. On the Home screen. tap the “Phone” icon.
- Dial “1.” You may need to activate the dial pad first by tapping the “Dial” tab. Afterward, tap and hold “1”.
- Listen to the prompt. If you haven’t set up voicemail, follow the prompt as it guides you through the setup process.
- Access the voicemail. Listen to the voicemail messages. To end the voicemail, end the call just like ending a regular call.
Voicemail is useful when we can’t receive a call and the caller then could still message you through voicemail.
Before accessing the voicemail, you have to at least made one call beforehand. This is a requirement for setting up voicemail for the first time.
How do I set up Screen Lock on LG Rebel 4?
This is the tutorial on how to set up Screen Lock on LG Rebel 4:
- Go to the app list. Tap the “Apps” icon on the home screen. It’s located at the bottom of the display.
- Go to the “Tools” folder. Tap the “Tools” icon to open more apps.
- Open the “Settings” app. “Settings” is where the security configuration is located.
- Tap “Lock screen & security”. This option is located at the bottom of the list, slide up to scroll and find “Lock screen & security”. Tap once you find it.
- Tap “Select screen lock”. Finally set your screen lock here.
- Choose the type of screen lock. There are three types to choose: PIN, Pattern, password, and Swipe. Pick whichever you prefer.
- Set up the screen lock. Depending on your choice, you will go through a different setup process with each type. Follow the prompts provided by the phone.
- Return to the main screen. When finished, press the HOME button to close “Settings”.
Adding a screen lock is important to enhance the security of your phone. It prevents random people from accessing your phone.
LG Rebel 4 offers the standard PIN, Password, and Pattern screen lock. You can choose the one you’re most comfortable with. And more importantly, choose the one whose unlock method is the easiest to use and to remember.
Read also: LG Rebel 4 Review: Pros and Cons
How do I add and remove a Google Account on LG Rebel 4?
Follow the steps described below about how to add and remove a Google Account on LG Rebel 4:
- Open the app screen. Tap the icon “Apps” on your home screen.
- Go to the “Tools” folder. Tap “Tools” and continue to “Settings”.
- Find and tap “Accounts”. Here, you will see a list of Goggle accounts attached to your phone.
- Tap the account you want to delete. This will open to the account’s detail screen.
- Tap “Remove account”. A window will appear to confirm account deletion, tap “OK” to delete the account.
- Go back to the main screen. Congratulations, now you can return to the Home screen by pressing the HOME key.
Just like how you can add a new account to your phone, you can also remove it. By deleting an account, it means you can’t access Gmail, Drive, and some other Google services that require an account. You will need to log in again to use them.
How do I download apps on my LG Rebel 4?
The steps below explain how to download apps to LG Rebel 4:
- Open the “Play Store” app. This app is located on the home screen.
- Search the app you want to install. Tap the search bar to activate the touch keyboard. Then enter the name of the app.
- Tap on the desired app. This will open to the app’s detail page.
- Finally, install the app. “Play Store” will first download the app then install it. Make sure you have sufficient storage space and a good internet connection.
- Open the app. Go to the home screen and find the app’s shortcut, then tap to open it. If you can’t find the new app on the home screen, tap the “Apps” icon and search among the app listed on the app screen.
Downloading apps is a simple task on an Android phone. But there are several things you need to pay attention to.
Not every app is free, some are paid apps that require users to pay before using them. Before installing an app, it’s also recommended to read the app description and its user reviews too.
Read also: TracFone LG Rebel 4 User Manual
How do I check memory usage on my LG Rebel 4?
This guide shows how to check memory usage on LG Rebel 4:
- Go to the “Apps” icon. It’s located on the home screen. Then, tap the “Tools” folder.
- Open the “Settings” app. Within the “Tools” folder, find the “Settings” icon and tap to access it.
- Slide the screen up to find “Storage”. “Storage” is located at the bottom, so you need to scroll to find it.
- View your phone’s memory detail. After pressing “Storage”, you’ll see a summary of the phone’s internal storage. If you have an SD Card installed, tap “Internal Storage” or you may also tap “SD Card” to see the detail of your external storage.
It’s important to monitor the storage space regularly to make sure you have enough space for your apps and data.
Apart from checking, there’s also an option to “Free up space” which is useful to clear some unused files. Tap on it and the phone will optimize your internal storage.
How do I delete an application on my LG Rebel 4?
Do the following list on how to delete an application on LG Rebel 4:
- Tap the “Apps” icon. Start from the home screen and tap the “Apps” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap “Tools”. Go to the “Tools” folder then find “Settings”.
- Locate and tap “Apps & notifications”. Inside “Settings”, find “Apps & notifications”.
- Tap “Apps info”. This option will open to a screen full of all the apps installed on your phone.
- Find the app you want to delete. Then tap on it. Tapping will open to the app’s detail screen.
- Tap “Uninstall”. Find the “Uninstall” button at the top left of the screen.
- Confirm the app removal. Tap “OK” to confirm the uninstall process. Wait until the phone finishes uninstalling, bigger apps may take some time to uninstall.
Uninstalling an app helps free up some storage, aside from tidying up your phone’s app drawer.
Follow the tutorial above to do it properly. Aside from uninstalling, on “Apps info” you can also see data usage information and battery usage of an app.
How do I delete content on my LG Rebel 4?
The tutorial below describes how to delete content on LG Rebel 4:
- Open the app list. Tap the “Apps” icon at the bottom-right of your display.
- Go to the “Productivity” folder. Tap the “Productivity” folder to reveal more apps.
- Tap “File Manager”. If this is the first time you access “File Manager,” a prompt window may appear asking file permission, tap “Allow”.
- Find the folder where the intended file is located. Browse through the folder by sliding up or down the screen. Tap the folder to open it.
- Tap and hold the file. Find your file, then tap and hold until a menu bar appears on top of the screen. Look for “Delete”.
- Tap “Delete” and confirm the deletion. After tapping delete, a window will pop up asking whether or not you’re sure to delete the file. Tap “DELETE” if you do.
Deleting files, like uninstalling an app, can also help free up some storage space. It’s also easy to do it. However, be cautious as a deleted file will be gone forever from your phone. There’s no way you can’t retrieve a file back once a file is deleted.
How do I update the OS on LG Rebel 4?
This is how to update the OS on LG Rebel 4:
- Tap the “Apps” icon. You can find the “Apps” icon at the bottom right of the screen. It will open to your phone’s app screen.
- Go to the “Tools” folder then “Settings.” Once on the app screen, tap”Tools” then tap the “Settings” app.
- Locate and tap “System.” Slide up to scroll and find “System” at the bottom of the options list. Then tap to open.
- Tap “Update Center”. Then tap “Software Update” to continue.
- Tap “Check for update.” Check whether an update is available or not. If your phone has the most recent OS, a window will pop up giving you a notification. Tap “OK” and you can close the app by pressing the HOME key.
- Install the update. If an update is available, follow the prompt to download and install it.
Before updating, make sure you prepare the following: enough battery and enough data balance. Phone shutting down during an update process can make you lose your data.
Meanwhile, as a part of the update process, your phone will download a sizable amount of data that can drain your balance. It’s recommended to use Wi-Fi instead.
You have reached the end of this LG Rebel 4 tutorial part 2. At this point, not only that you have learned simple configurations, but also you’ve mastered the more difficult one such as updating the OS.
Enjoy tweaking and tinkering your TracFone LG Rebel 4, now that you are armed with the proper knowledge.
You can discuss more this tutorial. Don’t hesitate to write a comment below. We also appreciate it if you help us share this article on social media.