LG Rebel 4 tutorial shows all the basic you need to know on this phone, such as how to turn the phone on, connect to Bluetooth, and set a wallpaper.
LG Rebel 4 is an affordable phone listed among TracFone devices. It’s an Android phone and generally is easy to use.
But just in case you’re confused, here’s LG Rebel 4 tutorial, which covers the most basic configuration a user can learn in a short time.
Starting from how to turning the phone on and how to connect to a Wi-Fi, this tutorial is your guide in order to use the phone properly. Happy reading!
How do I turn ON / OFF the LG Rebel 4?
This is the first tutorial on how to turn ON / OFF the LG Rebel 4:
- Press and hold the Power button. Locate the Power button on the back cover of LG Rebel 4. Press while holding for a few seconds.
- Wait until the screen lights up. Once the screen lights up, release the button. Your phone is now turned on.
- To turn off, press and hold the Power button. Turning off takes the same step as turning on, but with a few modifications. First, press and hold the Power button again.
- Tap “Power off”. A menu will pop up containing several options, tap “Power off” to shut down.
- Confirm the shutdown process. A prompt window will appear to confirm your selection, tap the “Power off” option, or if you change your mind, you can tap “Cancel”.
- Wait until the screen is turned off. Congrats, you have just finished shutting down your phone.
Congratulations on the first task. A bit of note, unlike many other phones, Rebel’s power key is located in the back instead of on the side.
That’s something you need to remember. The Power key is located under the camera and has a similar round shape like a fingerprint reader.
Read also: TracFone LG Rebel 4 User Manual
How do I set up the LG Rebel 4?
The guide below describes how to set up the LG Rebel 4:
- Turn on your phone. Pressing and holding the Power button on the back, wait until the screen lights up.
- Follow the prompt. You will see the first setup prompt, follow the process of choosing the preferred language, entering your name, and turning on the Wi-Fi.
- Fill the asked information. When asked, enter the required information, such as your Google account and its password. If you want to configure later, you can skip a step and continue to the next.
During the first time turning on LG Rebel 4, a wizard setup guide will welcome you. It will walk users through the first configuration of the phone. It’s pretty easy to follow, as shown in the steps above.
How do I display balance on LG Rebel 4?
Follow the steps below on how to display balance on LG Rebel 4:
- Tap “My Account Downloader”. On your home screen, locate “My Account Downloader” and tap on it.
- Install TracFone My Account app. The downloader will download and install the “TracFone My Account” app.
- Tap the app. Once installed, a shortcut will appear on the screen, tap to open it.
- Go back to the home screen. You will see your balance, but we’re not finished yet here. To display the balance, you need to create the widget. Tap the “Home” key to return to the main screen.
- Create the widget. Tap and hold any empty space on the home screen. You’ll see the “Widget” icon on the bottom of the screen, tap it.
- Tap and hold, then drag the widget to the desired location. Locate “TracFone My Account” widget. You might need to scroll to find it. Once found, hold and drag the widget to the desired location on the home screen.
- View your balance. Congratulations, now you can view your phone balance right on the home screen.
TracFone provides a way you can monitor your balance from the home screen. No need to open your account on a website or sending a text to 611611, you can now just glance on your phone and you will know how much balance you have left.
Read also: LG Rebel 4 Review: Pros and Cons
How do I take a screenshot on LG Rebel 4?
These steps show how to take a screenshot on LG Rebel 4:
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down key together. The Power button is located on the back while the Volume Down key is on the right side. Hold both of them down at precisely the same time.
- Listen to the shutter sound. Wait until there’s a shutter sound indicating that you’ve successfully captured a screenshot. There’s also a notification appearing on the status bar.
- Check the result. To view your screenshot, tap on the notification or open the “Gallery” app.
Taking a screenshot with LG Rebel 4 can be tricky, especially since the Power button is located on the back instead of on the side alongside the Volume button.
The steps are simple as shown on the list above. But here, practice is the key. It might be hard in the beginning, but after a while, you will get used to it.
How do I adjust display settings on LG Rebel 4?
Follow the steps listed below on how to adjust display settings on LG Rebel 4:
- Tap the “Apps” icon. On the home screen, the Apps icon is located at the right bottom corner of the display. Tap it to open the Apps screen.
- Tap the “Tools” folder. This phone puts similar apps on the same folder. “Settings” is located on the “Tools” folder.
- Go to “Settings”. Tap on the “Settings” app to open it.
- Tap “Display”. Open the submenu “Display”, where the screen configuration is located.
- Adjust the Brightness. Slide the Brightness bar and adjust accordingly.
- Select the Screen Timeout. Slide up the screen and tap “Screen Timeout”. Then, pick the desired backlight time.
- Return to the main screen. You can go back to the main screen by pressing the “Home” button.
Display on LG Rebel 4 can be adjusted to match your preferences. Whether it’s the screen brightness or the backlight time, you can go to “Display” menu to configure them.
For brightness, there’s a quick shortcut on the pulldown menu. There’s a slider there so you can adjust brightness from anywhere on the screen.
Read also: Top 12 Best LG Rebel 4 Cases and Covers
How do I change the ringtone on LG Rebel 4?
Do the following steps on how to change the ringtone on LG Rebel 4:
- Tap the “Apps” icon. This icon is how you open the app list on LG Rebel 4.
- Open the “Tools” folder. Go to the “Tools” folder and tap.
- Go to the “Settings” app. Find “Settings”, tap to open it.
- Tap “Sound”. Ringtone configuration is in “Sound” option. Find and open this submenu, then tap “Ringtone”.
- Select the ringtone you like. A list of ringtone will appear, tap on each of the sound to try it and figure out what you like.
- Tap “OK” to set the ringtone. Once you’ve decided, tap “OK” to finally set the ringtone.
LG offers quite a selection when it comes to ringtone. You can experiment with each sound available in the ringtone library.
Follow the guide above to change your ringtone. You can rotate among the ringtone available add some variation on your phone experience.
How do I change the wallpaper on my LG Rebel 4?
Explained on the list below how to change the wallpaper on my LG Rebel 4:
- Go to “Apps.” Tap the “Apps” icon to open the app list.
- Open the “Tools” folder. Tap “Tools” then go to “Settings”.
- Tap “Display.” Just like adjusting screen settings, wallpaper configuration is also within the “Display” menu.
- Tap “Wallpaper & Theme”. If this is the first time access, a window will appear to confirm app permission to Storage, tap “Allow”.
- Select a wallpaper you like. Tap on an image to preview. If you prefer your own photos, scroll down to select a wallpaper from gallery. Follow the prompts if any.
- Pick where you choose to set the wallpaper. After selecting an image, choose where you will put the wallpaper, tap either the home screen or the lock screen. You can also tap both of them.
- Finally set the wallpaper. Tap on the “Set Wallpaper” button to finalize this procedure.
Rather than using the default wallpaper, you can be adventurous and choose a personalized wallpaper for your home screen.
LG itself already prepares users with several selections, but you can also pick your own picture and make your phone looks unique and personal.
How do I set the time and date on my LG Rebel 4?
Follow the guide below on how to set time and date on the LG Rebel 4:
- Open the “Apps” icon. Tap the icon to open the app drawer.
- Go to “Tools” folder. Tap the folder and find “Settings”, then tap to open it.
- Tap “Settings” then “System”. Go to the “Settings” app then, among the list of options, locate “System” and tap it.
- Go to “Date & Time”. This is where you can find the configuration for time and date.
- Disable “Set automatically”. Before moving forward, tap the slider beside “Set automatically”. Hence, the phone will allow you to adjust time manually.
- Set the date and time. Now you can finally set the time and date. Afterward, press the Home key to return to the main screen.
Phones are usually already has date and time set up automatically. But when they don’t give accurate data, you can manually set time and date yourself, using a menu on the “Settings” app. Follow the tutorial above to do it.
How do I connect to Bluetooth on LG Rebel 4?
The following steps show how to connect to Bluetooth on LG Rebel 4:
- Tap the “Apps” icon on the right bottom corner of the home screen. A list of apps will appear on the screen.
- Open the “Tools” folder. Then tap “Settings” to start the Bluetooth configuration.
- Tap “Connected devices”. A list of options will appear, tap “Bluetooth.”
- Turn the Bluetooth on. If you haven’t turned on the Bluetooth, tap the slider to activate it.
- Select a device. A list of devices will populate the screen. Hit “Refresh” if you can’t find the Bluetooth device you want to connect with.
- Enter the credentials and start pairing the device. Tap the device you want to pair. If asked, enter the PIN number for pairing. Then, tap “Pair” and congratulations, your phone and the Bluetooth device now are connecting to each other.
Bluetooth is among the standard connectivity on a phone. Pairing a device can be tricky for first-time users. Carefully follow the steps above so you can connect to your Bluetooth headset or other Bluetooth devices.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi on LG Rebel 4?
Follow this step-by-step guide on how to connect to Wi-Fi on LG Rebel 4:
- Go to the app drawer icon. Open the app list by tapping “Apps”.
- Tap folder “Tools”. Go to this folder and find “Settings”.
- Go to the Settings app. Tap to open the “Settings” app. Then locate and tap “Network & internet”.
- Tap “Wi-Fi”. Once inside “Wi-Fi”, tap the toggle button if Wi-Fi hasn’t turned on yet.
- Select among the available network. Pick a connection among the list of networks. You can hit “Refresh” just in case you can’t find the network you’re looking for.
- Enter the password if any. Using the keyboard, type the password and other information if required.
- Finally, connect to a network. Tap “Connect” to conclude the Wi-Fi configuration.
Connecting to Wi-Fi is probably something a user often do on a smartphone. That’s why this action is among the basics you should know.
Once you’ve connected to a network, when you want to connect again in the future, you can just pull down the quick setting (swipe down from the top on home screen). Then, tap on the “Wi-Fi” icon and the phone will connect to the Wi-Fi automatically. No need to re-enter credentials again.
Congratulations, you have reached the end of the LG Rebel 4 tutorial. You just learned the basic of Rebel 4, and now you can proceed using your phone.
For the next step, head for part two of this tutorial to learn more, slightly advanced skills of LG Rebel 4 configuration. In this final part, you will learn things such as installing and deleting an app.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below. Let me know what you think about this tutorial. Was it useful? If you found it was, help us to spread the word by sharing this on social media.