Contacts management is important when you have a phone. But how to do it properly? Read the tutorial here to learn how to add, edit and delete contacts on Alcatel MyFlip.
Contacts on a phone is a digital address book where you can store information about other people’s contact information. Usually, contact consists of name, phone number, email, and additional information such as photos.
The great thing about the digital address book is that you can carry it everywhere. You can also do some actions (calling or texting) directly from contact.
Contact is added manually by the user. Sometimes you have the option to save a new number directly from incoming calls or text. Most of the time, adding contact requires you typing the number by yourself and save it.
A contact can also be edited and deleted. Here’s a complete guide on how to add, edit, and delete contacts on Alcatel MyFlip.
How do I add a contact on Alcatel MyFlip?
Adding contact is easy. There are several ways to do it, but the most common way is by directly using the “new” menu from the Contacts icon.
Here’s how to add a contact on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Start from the main. It’s recommended to start from the main screen. If you’re on another app, Press the “Back” key twice until you’re back on the main screen. From there on, you can press the OK key.
- Find the “Contacts” icon. You can use the navigations keys to go up or down on your phone screen. Once you find the contacts icon, press the “OK” key.
- Select “New”. Select the “New” option by pressing the key below it.
- Select “Phone memory”. The phone automatically highlights “Phone memory”. You can press the OK key to continue.
- Enter the first name. Use the dial pad to type your contact’s first name.
- Enter the last name. So to the next field, “Last name”, and enter the contact’s last name just like you entered the first name.
- Fill the “Mobile phone” field. Enter your new contact’s phone number.
- Enter the email address. This step is optional. You can fill it if an email address is available. You can leave it blank if there is no email address.
- Save the new contact. When all is finished, press “OK” to save the contact.
- Return to the main screen. You can do it by pressing the PWR/END key twice. Congratulation, you’ve finished adding a new contact.
How do I edit a contact on Alcatel MyFlip?
If you want to make any change to an existing contact, you can do it with the edit option. Follow this step if you don’t know how to edit a contact on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Go to “Contacts” icon. You can do it by press the “OK” button, then search for the Contacts app. You can also do it by pressing the key below “contacts” on the main screen.
- Find the contact you want to change. Once you see your contacts list, scroll and highlight the contact you want to edit.
- Access Options. With the contact highlighted, press the key under “Options”. A list of menus will appear.
- Edit the information. Select “Edit” and enter the information you wanted to change.
- Save the edited contact. Save the edited information by pressing the “OK” button. Congratulations, you’ve successfully edited a contact.
How do I add a contact photo on Alcatel MyFlip?
Adding a photo to your contact is an optional thing. But you know what they say, it’s better to put a face to a name. So, for special people, you can add pictures to their contact information.
Here’s how to add a contact photo on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Find the Gallery icon. To add a contact photo, you need to go to the gallery app instead of Contacts. Find “Gallery” by pressing “OK” key from the main screen. Then scroll using the navigation key.
- Select a photo. Once you’re within the “Gallery” app, search for the picture you want to set as a contact picture.
- Select options. After you found the desired picture, select “Options” by pressing the key below it.
- Assign a contact photo. You will see several options, go to “Set as”, and then press the OK key. Afterwards, select “Existing contact image” and press OK.
- Select a contact. You will see the list of your contact on “Select a contact” screen. Search the contact you want to add a photo, you can use navigation keys or using the search field on the top of the list.
- Assign the picture. Once you find the contact, press the “OK” button. A notification “Contact Image Added” will appear on top of the screen.
- Return to the main screen. Congratulation, you’ve successfully set a contact image. You can go back to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key twice.
How do I delete a contact on Alcatel MyFlip?
Deleting a contact is as easy as clicking one button. However, if you’re confused and not sure how to do it, follow these steps on how to delete a contact on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Go to the “Contacts” app. From the main screen, press the “OK” button and find the “Contacts” icon.
- Find the contact you want to delete. Go through your contacts list until you find the one you want to delete.
- Select “Options”. Go to the “Options” menu by pressing the key below it. You will see a list of actions, search for “Delete”.
- Press “Delete”. Once you find “Delete”, press the “OK” button. A confirmation dialog will appear, press the key below “Delete”.
- Congrats, you just deleted a contact.
How do I set up speed dial on Alcatel MyFlip?
Speed dial is a shortcut to your favorite contact. When you call a speed dial number, you don’t have to go through your contact lists. You can just press and hold a certain key and you can call a specific number. However, you need to assign a speed dial manually.
Here’s how to set up speed dial on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Go to the “Contacts” app. From the main screen, hit the “OK” key and find the Contacts icon. Press “OK” once you find it.
- Go to the “Options” menu. Press the key below “options”, which you will then be prompted to a list of menu.
- Select “Speed Dial”. Press the “OK” key on “Speed dial”.
- Choose a speed dial option. You will have to choose between 2-9, highlight the one you want to set as the speed dial button. Select “Set”.
- Set a preferred contact. Choose the contact that you want to add as a speed dial. Press “OK”.
Now you have a functioning speed dial button. Remember the speed dial number and which contact is associated to that number.
How do I remove speed dial on Alcatel MyFlip?
A number can be removed from your speed dial list. Removing a speed dial is an easy and quick task. Here’s how you remove speed dial on Alcatel MyFlip:
- Go to the Contacts icon. First, you need to enter the Contacts app first. You can do it from the main screen by pressing the “OK” key, then search the icon using the navigation keys.
- Select “Options”. Once inside “Contacts”, select the key below “options” menu.
- Select “Speed Dial”. Once the screen is changed to options, select “Speed Dial”.
- Highlight the contact. Choose the contact you want to remove from speed dial.
- Select “Remove”. Once it’s highlighted, select the key under “Remove” button. And that’s how you remove a speed dial number.
How do I transfer contacts from old phone to my Alcatel MyFlip?
Alcatel MyFlip comes with a feature to import contacts. So, if you’re migrating from an old phone, you can add all contacts instead of entering them one by one.
The following steps explains how to transfer contacts from old phone to Alcatel MyFlip:
- Go to the “Contacts”. Select the key below “contacts” on the main screen. Although that’s the easier way to access Contacts, you can also enter the apps list by pressing the “OK” key and search for “Contacts” icon.
- Select “Options”. Once inside Contacts, press the key below “Options”.
- Go to “Settings”. Search for “Settings” and press “OK”.
- Choose “Import contacts”. There are two choices here, Import and Export, select “Import Contacts”.
- Pick the source file. Depending on the location of your old contacts, you can choose either “SIM Card” or “Memory Card”. Press “OK”.
- Wait until the contacts are imported. There will be a screen showing the Import progression. Wait until it’s disappear.
- Check the new contacts. You can check the new addition by going back to your contacts list using the back key.
Congratulations, you’ve finished all the tutorials. Managing contacts is an easy thing now. You can always refer to this article just in case you forgot.
Try all those tutorials and don’t forget to share this on social media. If you’re still don’t understand how to add, edit and delete contacts on Alcatel MyFlip, ask us a question on the comment below.