All the tutorials you need to know about contact management on LG Classic Flip. Learn how to add, edit, delete a contact, and more important settings.
Contacts are like a digital address book on your LG Classic Flip. The feature is where phone users store the contact information of friends, coworkers, and family members. It’s one of the most important data stored on the phone.
That’s why a user should know some basics about contact management. You must be familiar with how to add, edit, and delete contacts. But on this phone, it’s also in your best interest to know beyond just the essentials.
Since LG Classic Flip also comes with an SOS key, learn how to set an emergency contact so you can use it. In this article, you’ll also learn about setting speed dials.
Aside from the essentials, learn how to attach an image to a contact. We also include this tutorial to make your contacts more interesting.
How to add contacts to LG Classic Flip
Let’s start with the most basic contact configuration. How to add a new contact to the LG Classic Flip? Follow the instructions below.
- Open the “Contacts” menu. Start from the Home screen, press the key below the word “Contacts.”
- Select “Options.” Inside “Contacts”, you will see the word “Options”. Press the key below it.
- Then, select “New contact.” This option is automatically highlighted. Press the Center key to select.
- Enter the name of the contact. Use the dial pad to enter the name of your contact. By selecting “+ Add name”, you can also add a middle name and last name.
- Enter the new phone number. Navigate to this field and type the new number.
- Save your new contact. Once finished, press the Center key to save the new contact.
How to add a contact photo on LG Classic Flip
Adding a photo can make you recognize certain contact easier. Often it’s a good idea to do so. If you want to assign a picture to a contact, here’s how to do it.
- Go to “Contacts.” Start from the main screen. You will see this option on the corner and press the key below it.
- Find the desired contact. Using the Navigation key, highlight the contact you’d like to edit. Press the Center key to finally select it.
- Select the “Picture” icon. Then press the Center key.
- Select “Contact photo.” This menu will be highlighted already. Press the key below the option “Set” on the corner of the display.
- Pick an image file. Press the Center key on “Select from Gallery”. It will open your gallery. Using the Navigation key, find the intended photo and press the Center key to finally choose it.
- Save the updated information. Lastly, press the Center key to finalize the contact update.
- LG Classic Flip: How to Insert / Remove SIM Card and SD Card
- LG Classic Flip: Battery Guide
- LG Classic Flip: Initial Setup
How to delete a contact on LG Classic Flip
For some reason, you might want to remove a contact from your LG Classic Flip. Deleting contacts is probably the easiest thing to do when managing contacts. Follow the steps below on how to do it.
- Open the “Contacts” app. On the main screen, you will see the word “Contacts” on the left corner of the screen. Press the key below it.
- Select the desired contact. Highlight the contact you want to delete, then press the Center key to select it.
- Select “Option.” Press the key below this menu to reveal the “Delete” option.
- Delete the contact. “Delete” will be highlighted so you can directly press the Center key to remove the contact. Press the PWR/END key to return to the main screen.
How to use speed dial on LG Classic Flip
Speed dials allow you to call specific contacts with one button. With speed dials you don’t have to search for contacts when calling someone, thus saving time. In LG Classic Flip, here’s how to set this feature.
- Start from the Home screen. Press the key below the word “Contact”.
- Select a contact which you want to assign a speed dial button. Use the Navigation key to scroll and highly a contact, then press the Center key.
- Press the button under “Options”. Or press the Right soft key button.
- Scroll to “Set speed dial”. Highlight this option using the Navigation key then press the Center key.
- Pick a speed dial number. Use the navigation key to highlight a number. Press the Center key when you have chosen one.
- Save the updated information. Press the Center key again to finalize the process. You can return to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key.
How to add emergency contacts to LG Classic Flip
Emergency contacts or SOS Mode on LG Classic Flip will automatically send a text message when you are in an emergency situation. The phone will send your location to an emergency contact number. What you need to do is press the SOS key on the back of the phone.
However, you need to assign emergency contact first. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Settings menu. From the Home screen, press the Center key to access apps. Find “Settings” using the Navigation keys. Once highlighted, press the Center key again.
- Go to “Phone settings.” Scroll using the Navigation key to highlight this option, then press the Center key.
- Go to “SOS mode.” Select this option and press the Center key again.
- Select “New number.” This option will be highlighted already, so you can directly press the Center key to proceed.
- Enter the new emergency number. On the available field, enter a phone number you’d like to set as an emergency contact. Afterward, press the Center key to finish the setup.
At this point, hopefully, you learned how to manage the contacts on LG Classic Flip. It includes basic operations such as add, edit, and delete a contact. Furthermore, now you also know how to set speed dials and an emergency contact.
For more LG Classic Flip configurations, we recommend taking a look into its user manual.