Need help inserting the SIM card/SD Card or removing them on your LG Classic Flip? We got your back. Find out the step-by-step guide in this article.
Your LG Classic Flip needs cards to operate. The SIM card is the most important. It acts as a connector between your phone and the network. It is also your phone’s network identity.
The second card is an SD card. Though it is more optional and you don’t have to install it, an SD card provides plenty of benefits. LG Classic Flip comes with only 8GB of storage. So, an SD card means more space to store your files.
Here we summarized frequently asked questions regarding SIM cards and SD cards on LG Classic Flip. Many people still need help around their installation.
What you will read below are the guides on which card to use on the phone and how to install them. And for external storage, we also guide you on how to remove it safely.
What kind of SIM card does the LG Classic Flip use?
First thing first, know the right type of SIM cards for your phone. LG Classic Flip uses nano-SIM. Currently, there are three popular SIM sizes: The standard size, Micro-SIM, and nano-SIM. The nano-SIM is the smallest one among the three.
When you buy a SIM card, it usually already comes in three cuts inside the packaging. Just pick the smallest one for your LG Classic Flip.
How to insert a SIM card on LG Classic Flip
After knowing the right type of SD card, now it’s time to install it. Here’s how to insert a SIM card on LG Classic Flip:
- Turn the phone off. Since you need to remove the battery when accessing the SIM card compartment, make sure to power your phone off.
- Open the back cover. Find the hook at the bottom of the back cover. Use your fingertip to lift the lid.
- Remove the battery. Find the space at the bottom where you can stick your fingertip and lift the battery outward.
- Insert the SIM card. Find the SIM card slot. Position your card so the gold part is facing down. Then slide in the SIM card to the slot.
- Put the battery and the lid back on. Now you can put the battery back to its place, then close the lid.
- LG Classic Flip: Understanding the Phone Layout
- LG Classic Flip: Initial Setup
- LG Classic Flip: Battery Guide
Does the LG Classic Flip have an SD Card slot?
The answer is yes. You can find the SD card slot inside the battery compartment of LG Classic Flip. Therefore, to insert or remove the SD card, users need to turn off the phone first.
Before installing an SD card, you must know about the maximum SD card capacity allowed on this device. For LG Classic Flip, the biggest capacity you can install here is 32GB.
How to insert an SD card on the LG Classic Flip?
Installing an SD card on LG Classic Flip pretty much takes the same step as installing the SIM card. However, there are some key differences, such as the fact you don’t need to remove the battery.
In details, here’s how to insert an SD card on the LG Classic Flip:
- Turn off the phone. Although you don’t need to remove the battery, you will still need to turn the phone off first. Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds until the screen goes blank.
- Remove the back cover. Use the space near the USB port to lift the back casing.
- Find the microSD card holder. It’s located on the left side of the battery. You’ll find a nook just below a little screw.
- Insert your card. Position your card so the gold contact is facing down. Then slide into the holder and push until it’s fully inserted.
- Replace the back cover. Put it back and turn on your phone.
How to safely remove SD card from the LG Classic Flip
Unlike in smartphones, you don’t need to eject the card before removing them. But there are some important things to pay attention to. Here’s the thorough explanation on how to safely remove an SD card from the LG Classic Flip:
- Turn off the phone. Don’t forget to do this step to prevent corrupting your SD card. To turn off the phone, press and hold the Power key for several seconds.
- Remove the back cover. Gently remove the lid that covers the battery compartment. You can use the nook at the bottom of the cover to lift it up.
- Remove the card. Slide the card out carefully from its holder. The holder itself lies on the left side of the battery.
So, that’s everything you need to know about inserting/removing the SIM Card and SD card on LG Classic Flip. Nothing complicated about it, though you still need to be careful since the cards are delicate.
Lastly, we recommend checking out the LG Classic Flip User Manual. You’ll find more troubleshooting tips and helpful instructions in this document.