The calls guide you need for LG Cassic Flip. Learn the procedure of making and answering calls, set up call forwarding, and discover Voice Dialing.
As a feature phone, users are most likely to use LG Classic Flip for calls. Unlike smartphones where you can browse the internet or play games, there’s nothing much you can do here.
It is not surprising though. Flip phones remain relevant in this era because of their simplicity. Customers choose them over a smartphone for this reason.
For callings, know how to do it properly in the LG Classic Flip. You might just migrate from a smartphone hence you need a tutorial to freshen up your memory.
In this article, we’re going to discuss the call features available on this phone. Start from making and receiving calls, you’ll also learn about call forwarding and voice dialing with LG Classic Flip.
How to make a call on LG Classic Flip
One of the most basic functionalities of the phone, calls allows you to talk to another person at the other end of the line. On LG Classic Flip, here’s how you can do it.
By dialing a number:
- Dial the number. From the Main screen, directly type the intended number using the keypad.
- Press the SEND key. This key is located on the left side of the Center key, just below the speaker key. Press to finally make the call.
Through a contact:
- Open the “Contacts” menu. Press the key below this option on the main screen.
- Select the contact you want to call. Using the Navigation keys, scroll up and down to find out and select the contact you’d like to call.
- Press the SEND key. With the contact highlighted, press this key to finally dialing the number.
- Finishing a call. To finish a call, press the PWR/END key. You can press this key once again to return to the main screen.
How to receive a call on LG Classic Flip
Receiving a call is probably the most straightforward process on this guide. There’s only one step to do to pick up a call.
On LG Classic Flip, press the SEND key when you see an incoming call pops up on the screen. Answer the phone and when you’d like to end the call, press the PWR/END key.
- LG Classic Flip: How to Add, Edit and Delete Contacts
- LG Classic Flip: How to Insert / Remove SIM Card and SD Card
- LG Classic Flip: Battery Guide
How to set up call forwarding on LG Classic Flip
Call forwarding is a feature where you can redirect an incoming call to another number. This feature is useful for when the caller can reach you or when you are busy.
Before enjoying this feature, users need to set it up. Here’s how to do it:
- Access the App screen. From the main screen, press the CENTER key to reveal the app icons.
- Go to “Settings.” Find the icon and highlight it using the Navigation keys, then press the CENTER key.
- Go to “Call settings.” Select this option then press the CENTER key.
- Select “Call forwarding.” Again, press the CENTER key once you highlight this option.
- Choose the type of forwarding. You can pick between “Always forward” and “Forward if”. If you want to choose “Always forward”, select this option by pressing the CENTER key, then you can return to the main screen by pressing the PWR/END key. Otherwise, select “Forward if” and continue to the next steps.
- Choose the forwarding condition. You can pick between “Busy”, “Unanswered”, and “Unreachable”. Whichever option you choose, you’ll be prompted to a screen where you will see “On” and “Off” options. Select “On” using the CENTER key.
- Enter the forwarding number. Type the number using the dial pad. Make sure to enter “1” before a 10-digit phone number. Afterward, press the Center key.
Congratulations! Call forwarding is successfully activated on your phone. You can return to the main screen now. Close “Settings” by pressing the PWR/END key.
How to use Voice Dialing on LG Classic Flip
Voice Dialing is another unique feature of the LG Classic Flip. Using this feature, you can call someone just by giving a voice command to your phone. It’s like a smart assistant in smartphones and can add tremendous convenience to one’s user experience.
Here’s how to use Voice Dialing on LG Classic Flip:
- Press the CLR key. Start from the main screen and press this key.
- Say the instructions. Say “Call [number or name on your contact]. You may get asked to specify the name and the number if there are multiple numbers in one contact.
- Confirm the call. The phone will ask for confirmation, say “Yes” to finally dial the number.
That’s how you call a contact using the Voice Dialing feature. To end the call, unfortunately, you will have to do it manually. You can press the PWR/END key to end the call.
To summarize, calling on LG Classic Flip is more than just answering and making calls. The Voice Dialing, especially, is a great feature you can take advantage of. Then there’s the call forwarding feature that can redirect your calls to other numbers.
Hopefully, the tutorial above helps you figure out this basic functionality of the phone. In case you need more info, refer to LG Classic Flip User Manual.