Learn how to send SMS, MMS, and group texts in this LG Classic Flip messaging guide. Additionally, also learn how to set up emails and voicemails here.
As a basic phone, LG Classic Flip’s second main feature would be messaging. After calls, users mostly use the phone for texting, be it sending an SMS, group messages, and multimedia messages.
This article will show you how to perform these basic tasks. Learn how to send texts, pictures, and videos through the phone’s messaging app. Then you will also learn how to send multiple messages at once.
In addition, we also include tutorials for voicemail. There are two topics covered here. First, how to set it up, and the second topic is how to reset voicemail password.
Lastly, learn about emailing with LG Classic Flip. Yes, you can also send emails with this device. Continue reading for more details.
How to set up voicemail on LG Classic Flip
Before enjoying the voicemail feature on your phone, you will need to do some configuration first. Voicemail allows your callers you leave a voice message when they can’t reach you. Here’s how to set it up.
- Dial “1”. From the main screen, press the “1” key then press the Center key. The phone will call “Voicemail”. Wait until you are connected.
- Follow the instructions. Once connected, you will get setup instructions, follow them carefully.
- End the call. Press the PWR/END key. If you encounter a problem during the setup, call your carrier’s customer service.
How to reset voicemail password on LG Classic Flip
Voicemail comes with a password. You will need to enter it when you want to access your voicemail account. But what if you forget your password? No need to panic, here’s how to reset voicemail password on LG Classic Flip:
- Open the Message window. From the main screen, press the key located below the “Message” option.
- Select “Compose.” Here, you will create a new message. Press the button below the word “Compose.”
- Type 611611. In the recipient field, enter this number. Then move to the message field using the DOWN navigation key.
- Type VOICEMAIL. On the message field, enter VOICEMAIL. Then press the CENTER key to send the message.
- Confirm password recovery. You will receive a link to reset your password. Type Y in the “Enter message” field then press the CENTER key.
After successfully doing the steps above, now your password is the last four digits of your phone number. You can use it to log in to your voicemail account.
- LG Classic Flip: Phone Calls Guide
- LG Classic Flip: How to Add, Edit and Delete Contacts
- LG Classic Flip: How to Insert / Remove SIM Card and SD Card
How to send an SMS on LG Classic Flip
Sending SMS should be an easy task. But it’s possible if a user forgets or doesn’t know how to do it on a feature phone like LG Classic Flip. If that’s the case, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Message app. On the main screen, you will see the word “Message” on the right corner of the screen. Press the key below it.
- Go to “Compose.” Press the key below the option “Compose.”
- Enter a contact or a number as a recipient. Type your recipient number using the dial pad. If you want to use a number from Contacts, press the key below option “Contacts.” Select the number using the navigation key and press the CENTER key.
- Type your message. Using the DOWN navigation key, go to the “Enter message” field. Here, type the message you want to send using the keypad.
- Send the message. Press the CENTER key to finally send your message.
How to send pictures and videos (MMS) on LG Classic Flip
Aside from texts, you can send pictures and videos with the LG Classic Flip. It isn’t as seamless as it is with chat apps on smartphones. However, it does a great job sending small funny clips to your friends and family. Here’s how to send an MMS on this phone:
- Press the key below the option “Messages.” You will start from the main screen. Here, you can find the Message menu on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Enter recipient number. Use the dial pad to type the number.
- Press the key below “Contacts.” If you want to add a number through contact, do this step. Afterward, search the name using the Navigation key, then press the CENTER key.
- Move to the “Enter Message” field. Press the DOWN navigation key.
- Select “Option.” Press the key below it. Here, you will see that “Attach” is highlighted. Press the CENTER key.
- Go to “Image.” Press the CENTER key to choose this option. If you want to send a video, scroll down, and press the CENTER key on “Video.”
- Find the file you want to send. Use the navigation key, when you find it, press the CENTER key to attach it to your message. Then press the key below “Done.”
- Send the message. Use the CENTER key to finally send the MMS.
How to send group text messages on LG Classic Flip
LG Classic Flip allows you to send a message to multiple numbers at once. This is a time-saving feature that is convenient and worth trying. Do the following steps if you’d like to send a group message.
- Open “Message.” On the main screen, you’ll see this option on the bottom corner of the screen. Press the key below it to access the messaging app.
- Press the key below “Compose.” Just like sending an SMS, you need to select this option too for MMS.
- Add numbers as the recipient. Type the first number then press the CENTER key. Repeat the step for the second number or more. When finished, press the key below “Done.”
- Add from contacts. If you want to add a number from the Contacts list, press the key below “Contacts.” Press the CENTER key once you select it. If you want to add more contacts, press the key below “Add.” Afterward, press the key below the word “Done”.
- Use the Navigation key to select the “Enter message.” Type your message here. To finally send it, press the CENTER key.
How to set up an email on LG Classic Flip
Before being able to send emails, you need to configure your account first. It’s a short process to do and won’t take a lot of time. Here’s how to set up an email on LG Classic Flip:
- Start from the main screen. Open the app list by pressing the CENTER key.
- Go to “Email.” Open it by pressing the CENTER key. You will see a list of email providers.
- Choose an email provider by hitting the CENTER key. Microsoft Exchange will be highlighted by default. If you want to select other providers, select “Other” instead.
- Enter your email address. Use the keypad to type, then press the DOWN navigation key to go to the password field.
- Fill in the password information. enter your password here, then press the CENTER key. The phone will redirect your email provider’s sign-in page.
- Press the CENTER key. Your email will be added to the phone. Press the CENTER key again if you see a notification saying “Account added.”
- Return to the main screen. You can press the PWR/END key to finish the setup.
That’s all the important LG Classic Flip messaging tutorials. Now you know how to send SMS, group messages, and MMS. Additionally, you also learned about setting up voicemail and email. As you can see, there are more messaging features on this phone beyond a simple SMS.
For more configurations, we recommend checking the user manual. Here is the link where you can download the LG Classic Flip User Manual.